This example shows how to implement a simple report with Group Headers.
Steps to recreate
- Use the Report Builder to create the departments_employees report based on the employees and departments tables in the Intranet database.
- On Step 2 click on the Build Query button, in the dialog select tables departments and employees. Then select desired fields from the employees table, plus select the department_name field from the departments table.
- On Step 3 select department_name as Group fields.
- On Step 4 select Group Outline to show the department_name group field above the detail fields.
- On Step 6 select No Sorting.
- Move the table row with the field name from section department_name_Header to Page_Header.
- Remove Separator.
- Make cosmetic changes as needed by modifying the text and captions within the HTML.
Database Tables Used
Tables: employees, departments