Order Entry Report
This example shows how to build an Order Entry Report.
Steps to recreate
- Use the Report Builder to create the departments_employees report using the following database tables in the InternetDB database: store_orders, store_order_items, store_products, store_statuses.
- On Step 2 click on the Build Query button and select the following tables: store_orders, store_order_items, store_products, store_statuses.
Then select the following fields: status_name from store_statuses, product_name from store_products, order_id and order_date from store_orders, and quantity, price from store_order_items table.
in the SELECT section of the Visual Query Builder add a new item by entering store_order_items.price * quantity into
the "Column/Expression" column and
ItemPrice into the "Alias" column.
Click "OK" to return back to the Report Builder, then move all fields into
the "Selected Fields" section.
- On Step 3 select status_name and store_orders_order_id as Group fields.
- On Step 4 select Group Outline layout to show the group fields above the
- On Step 5 check Sum for ItemPrice, and Calculate percent of total for sums.
- On Step 7 uncheck Record Separator.
- On Step 8 check Create Search/Filter and select the product_name.
- On Step 9 select the report style and click "Finish" to generate the
- Move the order_date field from the detail section
next to store_orders_order_id in the header
section, the delete the detail column "Order Date".
- Make cosmetic changes as needed by modifying the text and captions within the HTML.
Database Tables Used
Tables: store_orders, store_order_items, store_products, store_statuses