Search Form with a Multi-Select Listbox
This example shows how use a multi-select ListBox in a search form.
- Optionally enter an employee's name (can be partial).
- Select one or more projects in the multi-select Listbox by holding the CTRL
key when selecting individual projects.
- Click "Search" to view the search results.
Steps to recreate
- Use the Grid Builder to create the employees grid as well as the search
form which can search against the emp_name and title fields.
On Step 3 click on the "Advanced" button and select the "Create a single search field and use OR condition" in the "Advansed Search window"
- Insert a new row into the search form and move it below the row with the
s_keyword control (ALT + arrow-down). Then add a ListBox called s_project
into the right cell of the new row.
- Under the Format tab of the Properties window, activate the 'multiple' property
of the s_project ListBox and set its "Size" property to
- Switch to HTML mode and locate the code for the s_project ListBox
then delete the <option> tag for the default 'Select Value' option (i.e.
<option value="" selected>Select Value</option>).
- For the s_project ListBox, set the Connection property
to IntranetDB and select projects in the
Data Source property. Select project_id in the Bound Column
property, project_name in the Text Column Property and
Integer in the Data Type property.
- Open the 'Data Source' window by clicking on the [...] button next to the
Data Source property of the grid form, then select 'SQL' in the
"Data Source Type" field.
Add the 's_project' URL parameter to the grid's data source with "0" as a Default Value.
Then modify the SQL statement in the Data Source property by adding the "IN" statement as shown in the example.
- Make cosmetic changes as needed, by modifying the text and captions within
Database Tables used
Tables: projects, employees, projects_employees
This example doesn't require events.